How do you connect with students who are not physically in your presence?
We tackle the topic of connecting with students during remote learning. We share what’s worked and what hasn’t so we can all grow during this interesting time in education.
Part 1 of a three-part mini-series!
- 85 – Connecting with Students
- 86 – Connecting with Families
- 87 – Connecting with Colleagues
Questions we discussed:
- What does connecting with students look like under normal circumstances?
- What did maintaining connections look like in Spring 2020?
- What does connecting with students look like now in Fall 2020?
- How are you creating a classroom culture?
Ideas to try in your class:
- Greet each student by name every single day.
- Use Students’ Names as Much as Possible
- Send Emails. Sending an email periodically is a good way to check in with students.
- Show students your world.
- Provide high-quality feedback on assignments.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.