Feedback & Shout Outs (1:19) 2022 ! Coming in - Submit your entry by December 9, 2022. Welcome Mike Brilla and his podcast, , to the Education Podcast Network EdTech Recommendation (3:59) Chrome Recommendations Tab Groups To Save - search GROUPS...
Feedback & Shout Outs (1:19)
2022 House of #EdTech Smackdown! Coming in episode 215 - Submit your entry by December 9, 2022.
Welcome Mike Brilla and his podcast, The Inspired Educator, to the Education Podcast Network
EdTech Recommendation (3:59)
- Tab Groups
- To Save - chrome://flags search GROUPS tab group save ENABLE then RELAUNCH then right click on the tab group and toggle SAVE GROUP
- Live Captions
- Create Captions for any A/V playing in browser
- Menu > Settings > Accessibility > Toggle on Live Caption (ENG only)
- Search Open Tabs
- Have a lot of tabs open? Hello AJ and most teachers I know...
- Down Arrow Upper Right (left of Minimize) > Type a keyword to help get to the tab you're looking for
Have other Chrome recommendations? Send them to me!
Featured Content (8:31)
I was listening to a recent episode of Simon Sinek's podcast, A Bit of Optimism, and his guest was Francesca Hogi, a love and life coach. As a love coach, she teaches single people how to transcend their romantic challenges and find true love. As a life coach, she teaches rebels and seekers to love their lives truly.
You might be thinking, "What do a love and life coach have to do with education technology?" or "Is everything OK in your marriage Chris?" Stick with me. AND...everything is fine with Katelyn and me.
- Dating is an Experiment / EdTech is an Experiment
- Dating has been revolutionized by technology / Education is being revolutionized by technology
- Better dates will lead to better relationships / Trying more technology and finding what works for you will lead to better integration
- No bad dates / No bad tech - what's your approach? Approach all your tech with the best intentions and you will grow when you use technology. Your students will grow each time they work with technology. You will learn what tools don't meet your needs and you will develop a healthy technology integration mindset.
During Simon and Francesca's conversation, she talked about how to be a better dater and go on better dates. This directly mimics your approach to your relationship with education technology and what it should look like.
House of #EdTech VIP (16:25)