How to Apply for the Education Podcast Network
So you want to join the Education Podcast Network? First off, thank you for your interest. The EPN is a site for educators by educators so we’re glad that we’ve managed to get on your podcast radar. The EPN is always looking to add valuable education-related content that is well-produced and we are looking forward to seeing your application!
In order to maintain the standard of podcasting that we currently have, there is an application process set for podcasts wishing to join the network. Here are the submission criteria:
Criteria for Submission for Consideration
- Any podcast is eligible to be submitted with a minimum of 1 episode. However, it is recommended to wait until 4 episodes have been released as approvals are not granted until a podcast has 4 episodes (this allows us to see release schedules, consistencies, etc)
- Your podcast should have a set release date and the history should reflect consistency with this (ie. monthly, weekly, bi-weekly).
- Your Podcast must have a custom DOMAIN NAME, even if the primary function is to forward to your podcast media host site.
- No illegal use of copyrighted music/material
- Oh, and of course, your podcast needs to be for educators – in some way.
If you meet the criteria above, submit your podcast using the submission form below. A representative from the network will contact you within 14 days to provide an update and any further questions.
An important housekeeping note – as the Education Podcast Network is essentially a listing service, all responsibilities (legal or otherwise) of podcast members (including their hosts and/or affiliates) continue independently of the Education Podcast Network. Each show remains its own entity and in turn, continues to be responsible (legal or otherwise) for itself. For example (but not limited to):
- Your podcast will continue to be owned and operated independently of the EPN.
- Your podcast will continue to be legally responsible for itself in the same manner in which it currently is.
- Any other agreements you may have involving yourself, your hosts, and/or your podcast continue to be the responsibility of those involved with the applicable agreement(s)
- No compensation (monetary or otherwise) is offered for being a part of the EPN.
- The Education Podcast Network reserves the right to remove your podcast from the network at any time without notice.
Please note, if your podcast is approved for the network, there are a few requirements we ask of our members which include:
- Yearly Membership Fee to offset operating costs and network expenses.
- Participate in regular network meetings.
- Allow syndicating (posting) the podcast on the EPN website each week (as you’ll see on the site for existing members)
- Use an approved Education Podcast Network Header/Pre-roll at the start of the show (listen to the beginning of any of our network podcasts for an example).
- Add an EPN graphic to your website that links back to our website.
If you believe you will be unable to meet any of the requirements above, please email Chris Nesi feedback [at] edupodcastnetwork.com PRIOR to applying.