This week, we are getting reflective and talking about the current state of education during this crazy school year. We're covering a range of topics including pandemic teaching and surviving the year, looking at careers outside of education, and the political climate of teaching.
If you like what you hear, we would love it if you could share this episode with a colleague or friend. And make sure you subscribe so that you don’t miss out on any new content! And consider supporting the show by buying us a coffee or two!
We would love to hear from you – leave a comment on our website OR check out our FLIPGRID!
**For detailed show notes, please visit our website at https://edugals.com/79**
- Tweet #1 from Ebony Thornton - @EThorntonGHS
- Tweet #2 from Nicholas Ferroni - @NicholasFerroni
- Are you thinking of leaving education? What brings you joy in teaching?
- Everyone has the thoughts of "what if I wasn't in education"
- We need to remove pressure to be perfect, it's ok to be just okay this year
- Failure is okay and it's ok to be in survival mode
- Pressure to continue as business as usual this year
- Shifting learning models, lack of control, and uncertainty about the future contributes to stress and anxiety
- Mercedes vs Corolla - It's ok to be a Corolla! It's durable and gets you from point A to B
- Pandemic has forced us to reconsider our priorities - teaching is just a job and teaching doesn't define who you are
- Building tiny habits outside of education can help - Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Education will never be the same - we need to recognize and embrace this
- Balance between technology and paper activities is needed
- Politics - teachers are often vilified (absenteeism, summers off, hours in the classroom)
- OntEd - contract negotiations before the pandemic has contributed to our stress levels
- Is the grass really greener on the other side? Or is it just different?
- Students are the reason why we stay in the classroom
- You are not alone! Take care of yourself this year! Be the Corolla!
Thanks for the comments and feedback @FrankFerraiuolo!Support the show