Kyle Wagner is the founder and lead consultant for Transform Educational Consulting, an organization that empowers school leaders to lead change and improve student learning through simple, innovative strategies and teaming structures. He is also the former Coordinator of Futures Academy at the International School of Beijing, a program that uses interdisciplinary project- based learning to connect students to their passions and the world outside of school. His book "The Power of SIMPLE" documents this experience and helps provide simple, research- based strategies for school transformation. Kyle is also a former educator at High Tech High, the school featured on the hit documentary “Most Likely to Succeed.” He holds a M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership with a thesis that focuses on developing democratic classrooms and distributed leadership models. When not writing or teaching, he is performing with his original band, participating in karaoke contests and traveling the world with his partner. He currently resides in San Diego, California where he spends time developing schools of the future while helping other school leaders build theirs.
Kyle Wagner Show Highlights
- Which super-hero would play Kyle in real life.
- The “explore-possibilities" style of leadership
- Leadership needs to be personalized
- Great questions are connected to people’s most desired outcomes
- How to meet people where they’re at to lead effectively
- What Kyle learned from leaving an incredible job at High Tech High to jump into the unknown in China
- The paradox and freedom from removing yourself from everyone you know
- Smaller system = greater innovation
- Designing a mission that is authentic
- Don’t post your mission; show your mission (when it’s played out)
- Leadership is taking people from where they are at and taking them one step further
Kyle Wagner Resources
Made to stick by The Heath brothers
Xlr8 by John Kotter
Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
from The Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast: Leadership Insights | Principal Radio | School Administrator | Daniel Bauer http://ift.tt/2mP1tZj