“Boy is retarded,” reads the top of Dr. Stephen Sroka’s third-grade report card. In ES, he was mocked for having a crossed eye and a speech impediment. He was crippled in a HS fight. Doctors said, “ Listen to your teachers.” The more he listened, the smarter the teachers became. His HS counselor told him that he didn’t have the IQ to go to college, but he didn’t know that Steve had the WILL. (Today it is called GRIT.) He learned to live with the gifts of ADHD and dyslexia. He went from the “projects” to being inducted into the National Teachers Hall of Fame. He was awarded The Walt Disney American Outstanding Teacher of Health and Physical Education, and has been on Oprah and covered in USA TODAY. He travels the world striving to reach, elevate and inspire with The Power of One message. After a cardiac arrest, he realized that The Power of One was not enough. He needed The Power of Many. We all do. He always did, he just didn’t know it. He does now.
Stephen Sroka Show Highlights:
- How educators saved his life … twice
- The power of grit
- Build morale by recognizing teachers for the Teacher Hall of Fame
- Start with the heart to get to the head
- The Power of One and The Power of Many
- What dying in front of 800 people taught him
- My body … my choice …
- The importance of saying “Thanks"
- The 4 Cs of Relationships
- Warrior Aura
- The best gift to give your staff (or SO)
Social Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
Join my hybrid group coaching
& leadership development community
Text BETTERMASTERMIND to 33444
Create winning cultures
Focus on the essential
Lead with courage & integrity
Text PHRASES to 33444 or click the link above.
- Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
- Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
- Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
from The Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast: Leadership Insights | Principal Radio | School Administrator | Daniel Bauer http://ift.tt/2lD6isX