Jimmy Casas Twitter is in his 22nd year of administrative leadership. He received his BA in Spanish and Master’s in Teaching from the University of Iowa and his Master’s in Administrative Leadership from Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee. Jimmy is currently working on his ED.S and serves as an adjunct professor for Drake University, teaching a graduate course on Educational Leadership. Jimmy has served as principal at Bettendorf High School in Bettendorf, Iowa for the last 14 years. Jimmy’s core purpose lies in serving others. He was named the 2012 Iowa Secondary Principal of the Year and was selected as one of three finalists for NASSP 2013 National Secondary Principal of the Year. In 2014, Jimmy was invited to the White House to speak on the Future Ready Schools pledge. In 2015, he was named the Bammy National Principal of the Year. Jimmy is the Co-Founder of EdCampIowa and also the Co-Founder of #IAedchat, a popular online chat that takes place every Sunday evening at 8:00 p.m. CST. Finally, Jimmy is the co-author of a book with Todd Whitaker and Jeff Zoul entitled, “What Connected Educators Do Differently.”
- What Great Educators Do Differently conference
- Leadership is lonely, but doesn’t have to be as lonely.
- Why it is meaningful to bring experts in to help us learn.
- How to create a network of excellence.
- How to create a mindset of excellence.
- How vulnerability impacts school leaders.
- People who take their jobs seriously want good things to happen for others.
- Surround yourself with excellence.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- How pride can be a benefit and a detriment
- How to define a problem clearly.
- When you surround yourself with a team, others will be there to protect and support you.
- Why it is important to make those who lead you look good.
- People who do good things, good things come back to them.
- Never blame someone above you for a decision made.
- Take on the hard issues privately.
- Your personal excellence starts over today. Your personal excellence starts over today with Jimmy Casas Transformative Principal special
- How to be a transformative principal? Spend time with kids, relationships matter, know peoples’ story.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
from Transformative Principal http://ift.tt/2fsce1T